from time to time we face the same situation:
1. user signals a potential issue, in a way is clear enough (as happens to all of us) only for the reporter.
2. dev team (us) request more detailed information: prerequisites,detailed steps to reproduce, expected results (i.e. a test case)
just for the records: being TL a product aimed to QA people, we expect our users normally create detailed issues because we suppose is part of their day-by-day work.
3. very often people not only do not provide info required but also seems to be 'upsetted' by our request (why this dev team people is too lazy to create themselves the test case!!!).
4. dev team add a note explaining why we need info, and that without it surelly issue will not be assigned to be solved.
We would like to kindly request that users make an effort to be helped in an effective way:
1. please provide information required
2. report issue in the same way and with same quality you provide to developers of your company.
3. avoid mistakes you do not like, when done for your custumers when reporting bugs on your products
4. follow the start of the art on bug reporting ( you can give a look to big or popular Open Source applications and read their guidelines for bug reporting).
The more the effort you put on reporting, higher will be possibility to get quicker help.
We would like to kindly request that users make an effort to AVOID sentences like:
- bla, bla, ....so this shouldn't be too difficult.
- bla, bla, ... it surelly will be very simple to do.
This does not help absolutely, if you think issue is simple to solve, then help us providing the working code
TestLink Dev Team